cchixoo

Romance Reader

I enjoy reading gritty, emotional and angsty romance novel

Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) -  Becca Ritchie, Krista Ritchie I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Lily and Loren have been best friend since childhood. Both come from families of prestige and wealth. They have been pretending to be in relationship to keep their families in the dark about their addictions. Lily is a sex addict and Loren is an alcoholic.

I enjoyed reading this book very much. This book touches a topic that is difficult to be understood and accepted. The book started out very interesting with lily trying to escape from a frat house after a hookup and loren coming to her rescue. As the story progressed feeling, came out, jealousy, truth, betrayals. The ending was brutal but kind of needed. Definitely a must read

Favorite Quotes:

“I want to love you more than I love this”—he waves his bottle- “and I don’t know how else to do it unless there’s something to lose.”

“Three years later and drowning in lies, we’re suddenly prepared to lose everything for the chance at something real.”

“I love you, but I want to love you enough that I never choose alcohol over you. Not even for a moment. I want to be someone you deserve. Who helps you rather than enables you, and I can’t begin to do that until I get help for myself.”